Saturday 9 February 2013

Storytelling and process...

I'm in the final throes of 'The Piano', part one of the my new Graphic Novel project. It is my first comic, but not the last as I have some great ideas for future stories brewing. I spent far too much time waiting for opportunities to 'open' up for me, until one day I woke up and realized that I had to make things happen. Poof! Goodbye frustration. Now, I still look for opportunities and collaboration but I'm making my own way. The turning point was when I understood that I had all the skills needed to create my dreams and goals. It was just a matter of doing it.

The Piano is about discovery, it is about the blocks and challenges we face when trying to achieve our dreams or life's purpose. It is about finding something or someone in life that changes everything. The Piano uses the story of a small boy to tell about these kinds of struggles that we often face, but whether one gets the deeper meaning to the story or not - doesn't matter. It's a simple story of a journey to a place of happiness and fulfillment. 

Part one is set to be released in March. Part two will follow later in the year. Here is a shot of my studio wall a few days back as I went through a final check on layout and continuity. The style I chose to Illustrate the story in is very different from how I normally do things, but I thought that it would complement it. I'm hoping that people like it. More news on release dates closer to the time. 


My new book will be out soon as well. I'm looking forward to its release. If you want to see more of my concept work, paintings and illustrations visit my other blog, (please note that there are figure studies and some nudity on the site - nothing vulgar but it is difficult not to offend some of late) http://suscitans.blogspot.tw/ . Please like my facebook page: Ciro Correia, if you like my work or have read my books. You could always attempt messaging me. The best way to start would probably be to add me to your google plus circle of friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment